Able Carers provides an exceptional personalised home care service that covers the towns and villages around York, Harrogate, Knaresborough, Leeds, Wetherby, Selby and The East Riding of Yorkshire.
There's no place like home...
Able Carers specialises in non-medical care of older people.
Our aim is to provide a tailor made care package that ensures you or your loved one has the support and freedom to remain happy and comfortable at home. Our services focus on holistic, person-centred care that gives the service user and their family’s peace of mind that their loved ones are receiving excellent care with trusted on-going support. For those who require care but would rather not move into one of our York care homes, Able Carers is the perfect service.
Our provision for Home Care in all the above areas covers a comprehensive range of services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to support the needs of the individual. These include:
- Assistance with personal care to include: washing, shaving, hygiene and hair care, dressing and undressing.
- Assistance with all toilet and continence requirements.
- Assistance with monitoring and supervision of medication, including collection and delivery of prescriptions or blister pack medication.
- Assistance with other social related activities such as companionship and access to community activities.
- Support with payment of bills and shopping, in line with our policy on dealing with client’s money.
- Support with cooking of meals and preparing drinks in accordance with expressed dietary requirements and preferences.
- Support with light general household duties, such as cleaning, ironing and laundry.
- Transporting and accompanying clients to specific activities or functions.
- Handyman services also available on request.
Consultation with Clients
One of our Able Carers Care Co-Ordinators will arrange a home visit to meet you and your family to discuss your needs and expectations. A comprehensive assessment will be carried out and we may suggest alternative services that you may not have already accessed.
Our care assistants are all DBS checked and carefully selected for their experience, skills and empathy. You will receive your care from a small, personal team of care assistants to ensure that you are given the opportunity to build trusted relationships.
Services will not be provided without a full consultation and a care needs assessment being undertaken. A record of the consultation will be held on the client’s file in the office and also in their own home to allow staff or other appropriate professionals involved in the Able Carers clients care to be able to refer to it.
Able Carers provides a range of flexible care and support solutions to help you in your own home.
We are part of Roseville Care Homes Ltd, an organisation that specialises in care and support for our clients bringing together a wealth of experience to provide new services to meet their changing needs and aspirations.
If you want good quality home care that demonstrates a deep understanding of the care of older people, either for yourself or a family member, please call us on:
Telephone: 01904 795551
Registered number: 04820472
York Business Park
Contact Able Carers
York Business Park
York: 01904 795551
Harrogate: 01423 349012
Leeds: 01132 473972
East Yorkshire: 01430 441728